Dell OptiPlex Commercial Desktop Launch & Sustaining Product Management - Austin, TX - 2018-02-10
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Dell OptiPlex Commercial Desktop Launch & Sustaining Product Management Austin, TX
This role will lead team responsible for launch and in-market management of Dells commercial desktop portfolio. Responsible for coordinating strategy with executive teams across regional marketing, sales, and product group to deliver on-time and on-strategy product launches.
- Drive platform strategy and ongoing product improvements through comprehensive understanding of business results, cost trends, technology changes and competitive landscape.
- Oversight of commercial product transitions, ensuring product availability while limiting financial exposure through accurate forecast guidance and orderly material disposition plans.
- Coordinate with cross functional teams including engineering, procurement and global operations to ensure exceptional product quality and continuity of supply.
- Develop and manage joint growth initiatives with key industry partners and suppliers.
- Align with engineering and product marketing executive teams on tradeoff decisions during development process, focusing on customer first outcomes.
- Coordinate alignment to lifecycle unit and profitability forecasts; direct teams to develop supply chain readiness plans and ramp forecasts to ensure product availability at launch.
- Define product positioning and messaging in conjunction with outbound marketing and regional teams; ensure execution to the messaging strategy in online presence, sales messaging and outbound marcom.
- Participate in launch and product strategy related PR, including press interviews, analyst briefings and customer events.
- Role requires excellent communications both written and oral, deep analytical and solid people management skills.
- Ability to get stuff done in a highly-matrixed organization is critical.
- Ideal candidate will have a bias for action and an ability to make insightful business decisions with incomplete data and ambiguous circumstances
- Prior people management strongly desired
- MBA Preferred.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.