Managing Editor mediabistro.com- 1 week ago
SPIN is seeking a Managing Editor to work from their New York office.
The position will work closely with and report to the Editor-in-Chief and have a strong hand in the growth and development of the site and its related brand platforms (socials, video, events). The Managing Editor works with editors and staff writers on story ideas and editing--strong reporting instincts, a sense of humor/irreverence, and an eye for "the story behind the story" are key to the overall tone of the site. Additionally, the Managing Editor will work with senior edit and management to oversee larger site initiatives such as editorial packages, analytics and audience strategy, schedules and calendar planning, and brand positioning.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Has two years of editing experience at a web publication
- Organized and task-oriented
- Comfortable handling more than one project at once
- Enjoys working with a team in a managing role
- Wants to understand Spin's audience and foster growth
- Loves music and thinking critically about culture and entertainment