Trust/Client Administrator III- Harrisburg, Pa. - 2018-02-18
Will be responsible for certain functions specific to a centralized middle office environment and be able to exercise appropriate fiduciary judgment, and adherence to policies and procedures. Duties include but are not limited to administrative reviews and account terminations. This position will work closely with the business line and may include contact with the customers, attorneys, and beneficiaries. The Trust Administrator is expected to be the department’s subject matter expert for one or more processes and/or products.
• Provide sound fiduciary judgment and administration for all aspects of the account termination process, and execute administrative reviews with a focus on compliance and risk mitigation.
• Final administration for complex assigned trust accounts in accordance with bank policy and within the parameters of the account document.
• Review daily transactions to ensure accuracy and to correct any problems that may arise
• Manage and cultivates internal relationships with front and back offices.
• Maintains a high level of understanding of current trends and changes in trusts, estates, tax, and fiduciary law.
• Represent the trust company in business activities with clients, attorneys and beneficiaries, exercising fiduciary discretion to requests
• Perform Administrative Reviews to ensure account is in accordance with the terms of the various governing documents, applicable law and regulations as well as complying with all requisite policies and procedures.
• Manage staff of 10 or more less experienced trust administrators in all above items while facilitating and assuring job growth and career development.
• Ability to communicate internally with bank management and executives and externally with clients, their representatives, accounting firms, other investment brokers, attorneys etc.
• Participate in strategic and long-range planning of the trust business.
• Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of corporate policies and procedures related to the administrative role. As appropriate to the business supported, develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of the trust and agency discipline and service/product alternatives for the client. Stays current and is able to articulate current industry standards.
• Provide effective day-to-day support, coaching, and/or mentoring of any assigned team associates.
• Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
• Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
• Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
• Complete other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of experience in trust administration or similar industry. In lieu of a degree a combined 8 years of experience with at least 4 years experience in trust administration or similar industry.
5 years of team lead or supervisory experience in the trust or financial services industry.
Proficiency with PC applications.
Highly organized with ability to work independently handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
Excellent client-service communication and negotiation skills.
Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
Expert knowledge of various government regulations and bank policy governing trust.
Ideal Qualifications Preferred:
MS preferred in Finance or Accounting.
Familiarity with trust accounting systems preferred.
CTFA – Certified Trust and Financial Advisor
M&T Bank Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
M&T Bank Corporation does not sponsor individuals for the purpose of obtaining H-1 Visas.
M&T Bank Corporation has policies and procedures in place to promote a drug free environment.
Job Posting: Jan 29, 2018, 11:30:25 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
M&T Bank is a multi-state community-focused bank serving New York, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Virginia, West Virginia and Washington, D.C. Founded in 1856, M&T Bank provides banking, investment, insurance and mortgage financial services to consumer, business and government clients.