Direct Communications-Fall 2018 Full-time Public Relations Internship / Co-Op Credit Available-Birmingham, AL
- Internships /
- Public Relations /
- Fall 2018 Full-time Public Relations Internship / Co-Op Credit Available
Direct Communications, one of Alabama’s most dynamic public relations firms and located in the heart of Birmingham, Alabama, is seeking a communications intern. We will provide you with challenging, hands-on experiences in a practical, learning environment. With client sectors ranging from healthcare, energy, environment, conservation, general business and governmental entities, your broad-range of experiences obtained while with Direct Communications, will serve as a springboard to a wide-range of career options upon graduation.
Our ideal candidates are students who are juniors or seniors majoring in Communications, Public Relations, Political Science or Journalism. Students should be ambitious, self-starters with excellent writing, communication, computer/technology/digital skills, as well as possessing excellent professional and organizational skills.
Intern students should be prepared to enter a professional office and be motivated to work hard each day. Duties include, but are not limited to: preparing a wide selection of written and creative materials, monitoring news coverage (traditional and digital) for client issues, facilitating a variety of social media engagement and analysis, maintaining reporter databases, and conducting research into strategic communications best practices, website development and graphic design support.
· Entering junior or senior year, in-process of bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism, or related field of study
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Attention to detail and outstanding proofing skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to multi-task and work as part of a team
· Desire to learn and grow career-building skills
· Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, PDF and Photoshop editing, is a plus