Report on Admissions Specialist - Denton, TX 76201
Admissions Specialist - Denton, TX 76201
Admissions Specialist – Admissions
Texas Health Denton seeks to hire an Admissions Specialist to work Full Time at Admissions Department.
The address is 3000 North I-35, Denton, TX 76201.
Salary range is Minimum: $14.75/hour – Maximum: $22.32/hour – based on relevant experience.
Full Time; 40 hours/week.
Monday - Friday; 8:30am – 5:00pm.
Must be able to attend orientation/training initially, at least 1 week will be during normal business hours.
- Accurately gathers complete financial and demographic information to ensure medical records/billing process flows efficiently.
- Obtains and/or updates verification of benefits and/or pre-certification for applicable tests and/or procedures.
- Prepares, presents, and thoroughly explains applicable legal, ethical, and compliance documents; ensures proper consents are signed by the appropriate parties. Maintains documentation of the same.
- Maximizes reimbursement for services rendered by appropriately identifying insurance carrier, benefits, etc. Prevents denials by ensuring timely notification of admission to insurance carriers.
- Assists patients in understanding financial obligations; collects co-payments, self-pay deposits, and patient balances to reduce Accounts Receivable.
- Stays abreast of and complies with applicable regulations, entity and/or system policies and procedures. Maintains customer service and/or productivity guidelines set forth by applicable leadership.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Why Texas Health Resources? Texas Health Highlights
- 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4th year in a row)
- 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4th year in a row)
- 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a 255-bed, full-service hospital that has served North Texas and southern Oklahoma since 1987. Hospital services include heart and vascular care, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics and sports medicine, pain management, emergency medicine, and a weight loss surgery program. As one of the largest employers in Denton County, Texas Health Denton has more than 1,000 employees and more than 325 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 45 specialties. Located 45 miles northwest of downtown Dallas and 40 miles northeast of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Denton is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, a Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center and a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 year of related experience required.
- Other hospital and physician office experience is helpful.
- 2-3 years of Hospital Admissions/Patient Access Services experience is preferred.
- Medical Insurance Verification experience highly preferred.
- CHAA - Certified Healthcare Access Associate upon hire preferred
- CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training required within 60 days of hire.
- Ability to type, spell, write or print legibly with general knowledge of personal computers required.
- Strong interpersonal communication, documentation and customer service skills required.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology highly preferred.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred.