Report on Cardiopulmonary Manager At AdventHealth Central Texas
Cardiopulmonary Manager At AdventHealth Central Texas
Cardiopulmonary Manager - AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
· Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
· Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
· Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
· Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
· Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
· Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
· Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
Full Time / Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
The Cardiopulmonary Manager ensures delivery of high-quality patient care.
· Provides direction to the staff by developing, coordinating and evaluating education programs to promote staff education
· Facilitates departmental and/or organizational educational opportunities
· Ensures staff meet and maintain required competencies and certifications
· Identifies and participates in opportunities to share skills, knowledge, and strategies for patient care and system improvement with colleagues and other healthcare providers
· Promotes excellence in respiratory therapy practice
· Participates in education and performance improvement activities to enhance and maintain personal departmental qualifications and standards of performance
· Initiates and actively participates in departmental quality improvement
· Helps to ensure that areas of responsibility adhere to relevant safety, regulatory, certification and/or accreditation standards
· Serves as a resource to various populations for the purpose of influencing the delivery of health care and the formation of policy
· Works with employees to design, implement and evaluate comprehensive, culturally sensitive, patient, family and staff education
· Provides cardiopulmonary overview for clinical orientation and student orientation
What You Will Need:
- Graduation from a program approved by the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoArc) or a successor accrediting authority
- Two or more years of respiratory care experience
- Licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner by the State of Texas
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential from the National Board of Respiratory Care
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) from the AHA.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Respiratory Care, health care and/or human resource management preferred
- Five or more years of acute care experience preferred
- ACLS, NRP certification or credentialed as ACCS, NPS by NBRC preferred
- Active AARC & TSRC Membership preferred
The RT Manager ensures the provision of departments in collaboration with other health professionals in an environment that is respectful of others, accountable for outcomes and adaptive to change. The Manager assists with daily operations of the Respiratory Therapy, EKG, Sleep Center and EEG departments.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.