Report on Cashier Manager
Job ID: 12534
Agency: Office of the State Treasurer
Salary: $37,000 - $43,000 annually, depending on experience and qualifications
This is a full-time position with the Office of the State Treasurer. For more information on the Office of the State Treasurer, please visit http://www.sdtreasurer.gov/.
The Office of the State Treasurer is currently seeking applicants for the position of Cashier Manager.
The duties of this position include:
- processing all checks and cash that are deposited with the treasury;
- communicating with the other agencies when there is a problem with a deposit;
- making sure that the cash deposit for the end of the month is taken to the bank before 3 P.M. no matter the amount;
- preparing the annual county distribution report for court appointed attorneys and public defenders for abused and neglected children;
- serving as backup for the ACH and wire transfers;
- processing returned checks;
- managing local accounts;
- processing unclaimed property checks/wire transfer;
- performing ACH verifications.
This position is exempt from the Civil Service Act.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
Experience working with check and wire processing, cash management, and annual report building.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- computer software applications including Microsoft Excel and Word applications;
- modern office equipment, practices, and procedures;
- a basic understanding of accounting, banking, and filing practices;
- Office of the State Treasurer's rules, procedures, and functions.
- establish and maintain effective working relationships within the Office of the State Treasurer, as well as other state government agencies, financial institutions and the general public;
- clearly and concisely communicate information;
- focus on details;
- prepare annual reports.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
The State of South Dakota offers paid employee health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation leave accrual, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information visit http://bhr.sd.gov/workforus/workbenefits.aspx. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Applications (consisting of a letter of interest and resume) must be submitted online at (https://scssdltmprod.agilera.net/ltm/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=15N) or sent via hard copy or email to:
State Treasurer Josh Haeder
Attn: Anissa Grambihler
500 East Capitol Avenue Ste. 212, Pierre, SD 57501
E-Mail: Anissa.email@example.com | Phone: 605.773.3378|
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"