Report on Customer Support Associate - New Hire Class Begins July 15, 2019 - Waco, TX 76705
Customer Support Associate - New Hire Class Begins July 15, 2019 - Waco, TX 76705
The training schedule begins Monday, July 15, 2019 for approximately 12 weeks, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Upon successful completion of the training, the shift is Monday through Friday, 9:15 a.m. – 6:15 p.m. The shift time is subject to change depending on needs of the business.
The position starting wage is $14.06/hour with a comprehensive benefit package that begins immediately upon hire.
SPANISH INCENTIVESpanish incentive may apply with the passing of a Spanish assessment.
Responsible for performing basic customer support activities including billing review and adjustment, service order creation and emergency call handling. Maintains working knowledge of Atmos Energy customer service policies, procedures and systems.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT ATTEMPT TO LIST ALL OF THE DUTIES THAT ARE OR MAY BE PERFORMED IN THIS POSITION.
1. Responds to current and/or prospective customers regarding service connections, disconnections, marketing programs, billing questions and payment arrangements. This contact is primarily by phone, but may also include other forms of communication. (20%)
2. Receives and processes transactions and requests based on designated level of authority. Forwards other issues to appropriate level of responsibility. (20%)
3. Analyzes, evaluates and addresses customer issues utilizing current company policy. (20%)
4. Reviews, analyzes and corrects errors on customer accounts to ensure accuracy using an online Customer Information System. Communicates correct information to customers in a timely manner. (20%)
5. Researches potential discrepancies on customer accounts and takes appropriate action to verify customer identity, address(es) and delinquent accounts as required. (10%)
6. Handles customer calls to ensure responsiveness to natural gas and other potential emergency situations, exercising caution and adhering to standardized processes. (10%)
A general educational knowledge normally acquired through a high school diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED); and successful completion of the Customer Service Assessment, demonstrating communication and customer service skills.
Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Requires the ability to perform basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Requires intermediate computer skills for data entry, reference and/or retrieval tasks.
Previous experience with a Customer Information System is a plus.
Works in an indoor environment.
Occasionally requires performing activities including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and/or lifting. May require sitting for long periods of time.
As a safety sensitive position, pre and post-employment screenings, including but not limited to drug testing as outlined by the Department of Transportation and Pipeline Hazardous Material Safety Administration are required.
Atmos Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.