Report on Department Analyst – English & Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Department Analyst – English & Bilingual (English/Spanish)
The Department of Health Services and Independent Office of Law Enforcement Review and Outreach are seeking experienced and dedicated professionals to serve as Department Analysts!
Starting salary up to $40.47/hour ($84,465/year), a cash allowance of $600/month, and a competitive total compensation package! Plus, an additional $1.15/hour for bilingual positions.
The ideal candidates for these positions will possess:
- Significant experience in one or more of the following areas: safety, human resource practices, contracts, and/or project management
- A demonstrated ability to craft a variety of written communications (e.g. reports, correspondence, presentations, etc.) to convey awareness and/or technical information effectively and persuasively
- A proven track record of effective leadership and support and experience working on diverse projects as a project lead
- Experience working on quality improvement initiatives
- The ability to use sound judgment and a business approach to problem-solving, research, and comparative analysis to identify best practice operations and improve business workflow
Department of Health Services (DHS) â Department Analyst
The position will provide key administrative support to the Administrative Services Officer II and the Public Health Division by coordinating programs and projects and being responsible for:
- Supporting the Department's safety initiatives and develop the Division's specific safety programs.
- Leading coordination of the Division Safety Team and act as the primary liaison for the Department Safety Committee
- Making administrative decisions to ensure that facilities and building maintenance issues are resolved
- Coordinating Public Health communication activities, including calendar and website content updates
- Providing research, planning, and lead work for the Public Health Division's quality improvement projects as well as identifying and developing operational efficiencies
- Working on key initiatives, specifically Strategic Plan implementation, Board Safety Net Priority and other ad-hoc projects as needed
- Researching, coordinating, and monitoring procedures for grant funding opportunities and implementation
- Providing back up to the Administrative Services Officers for various operational processes such as recruitment activity and contract administration
Independent Office of Law Enforcement Review and Outreach (IOLERO) - Bilingual Department Analyst
IOLERO is an independent, non-police county agency established by the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors in 2015. Their mission is to strengthen the relationship between the Sheriff's Office and the community they serve through conducting outreach, making policy recommendations to the Sheriff's Office, and reviewing complaints against the Sheriff's Office. In support of IOLERO's Director, this fluent, English/Spanish Department Analyst position will support the office's daily administrative, budgetary, and ministerial duties, including establishing, developing, and/or managing IOLERO's:
- Community engagement program, including identifying venues, and scheduling and coordinating a minimum of one community outreach event per month, focused on the Latino community, other communities of color, and the broader Sonoma County community
- Community Advisory Council (CAC) meetings, including ensuring the administrative and legal requirements associated with the Brown Act are met
- CAC subcommittee projects and meetings, including the Grant-writing Program and Data, Statistics, & Policy Program and Community Engagement Program
Additionally, this position will oversee IOLERO's budget; conduct research and review vouchers and payments to vendors and contractors, legislative proposals, and Board items; and supervise the office's administrative coordinator in the day-to-day prioritization of duties.
Working at the County of Sonoma
We offer expansive opportunities for growth and development, the ability to be a part of a challenging and rewarding work environment, and the satisfaction of knowing you're working to better our communities. You can also look forward to a competitive, total compensation package* including:
- An annual Staff Development/Wellness Benefit allowance up to $1,700 and ongoing education/training opportunities
- Competitive vacation and sick leave accruals, 12 paid holidays, and an additional 8 floating holiday hours per year
- Significant portion of health care premiums paid by the County and access to several health plan options
- County contribution to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help fund post-retirement employee health insurance/benefits
- Retirement fully integrated with Social Security
- May be eligible for up to 8 weeks (320 hours) of Paid Parental Leave after 12 months of County employment
- Eligibility for a salary increase after 1,040 hours (6 months when working full-time) for good work performance; eligibility for a salary increase for good performance every year thereafter, until reaching the top of the salary range
- Premium pay of $1.15/hour, in addition to the hourly pay rate, for bilingual assignments
Positions are currently available in DHS and IOLERO. A fluent bilingual position is currently available in IOLERO. Applicants who wish to be considered for bilingual positions must indicate their proficiency level in the required supplemental questionnaire. An examination will be conducted prior to employment for a bilingual designated position to confirm level of skill in this area. Bilingual premium pay will be applied upon the assignment of bilingual work.
*Salary is negotiable and benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. For more information, including minimum qualifications, & to apply online, visit www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331. EOE Apply by 10/23/19