Report on Director - Operational Risk Reporting At Capital One
Director - Operational Risk Reporting At Capital One
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director - Operational Risk Reporting
Do you want to be part of an organization that’s dedicated to protecting Capital One operations – for our customers, our communities and our associates? As part of the Operational Risk Management (ORM) organization, you’ll work with talented associates to provide second line oversight and effective challenge to ensure that Capital One effectively manages operational risk. You’ll also bring your unique perspective and experiences to help us be rigorous, curious and creative.
Operational Risk Officers (OROs) are a team of experienced risk managers that serve as the liaisons between ORM and Capital One. As the Director of Operational Risk reporting within this team, you will be responsible for setting the methodology for how we assess operational risk inclusive of Risk Appetite Metrics, driving the quarterly reporting process that supports all Division reporting, producing the Enterprise Operational Risk Report and working with Enterprise Risk Management on larger risk reporting initiatives.
You will also lead the team that is developing the next generation of the Enterprise Operational Risk Report and the supporting metrics and processes. You will partner with peers across ORM, senior Risk leaders and the business, as well as other risk groups to ensure we are making informed risk decisions and appropriately managing risk
- Setting and enhancing methodologies and processes to support the effective assessment of operational risk levels
- Influence senior management to drive realization and mitigation of new and emerging operational risks, and structuring information to be shared with senior leaders
- Leading quarterly discussions with RM leadership around the key operational risks for Capital One
- Working with Technology partners to provide automated and actionable operational risk information in a timely and controlled manner; leveraging web based data collection and presentation tools
- Leading a high performing team that drives the quarterly reporting process
- Producing the Enterprise Operational Risk Report for discussion with the Operational Risk Steward, key risk executives and the Board of Directors
- Partnering with peers in Enterprise Risk Management on the Enterprise Risk Profile report, Risk Inventory and the identification and development of material risks.
- Bachelors Degree or Military Experience
- At least 3 years of Reporting or Risk Management experience
- At least 3 years of experience working with Data Information Systems
- At least 3 years of people leadership experience
- Masters Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Accounting, or Economics,
- At least 3 years' experience with Digital Product Development
- At least 7 years of experience in Risk Management or Assurance within the financial services or tech industry
- At least 4 years' experience with data analytics tools including Excel, Tableau and Google Sheets
- At least 3 years' experience with web based reporting tools or coding
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.