Report on Human Resource Specialist - Payroll
Human Resource Specialist - Payroll
Job ID: #12349
Agency: Bureau of Human Resources
Salary: $16.76-$19.53 DOQ
Pay Grade: GG
For more information on the Bureau of Human Resources, please visit http://bhr.sd.gov/.
This position provides support to an assigned agency or agencies by completing assigned human resources functions which benefit employees statewide. Areas of responsibility include timekeeping, payroll, personnel file management, workers compensation, family and medical leave processing, ensure compliance with policies and procedures, and providing current and accurate benefit information to all staff. Additionally, this position will assist the Human Resource Manager with recruitment, hiring, and termination procedures; compile special reports; and conduct daily administrative support duties. Incumbent should be highly motivated and have the ability to work as a team with other Human Resources staff. Incumbent must be able to handle multiple projects within prescribed timelines and have excellent customer service skills.
- Processes, maintains, and enters payroll actions into the payroll system and ensures timeliness and accuracy.
- Maintains the Time Keeping System (TKS) and processes payroll to ensure proper and timely payment to employees in compliance with statutes.
- Answers questions from employees regarding health benefits; and works with Bureau of Human Resources Benefits Division to resolve issues for employees.
- Maintains employees' personnel files in compliance with statutes and record retention policies.
- Maintains various reports and statistics in regard to human resources operations.
- Serves as the administrative support for the Bureau of Human Resources office.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Microsoft office products;
- Business English including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- handle multiple priorities;
- maintain strict confidentiality;
- organize and coordinate activities and a variety of processes and data;
- communicate information concisely and efficiently;
- be highly motivated and self-starting;
- calculate solutions to arithmetic problems involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages;
- receive and verify accuracy of documents (e.g., invoices, deposits);
- research topics, compile and analyze data;
- exercise tact, patience, and discretion in communicating and dealing with persons of varying backgrounds and personalities.
- deal tactfully with employees and establish and maintain effective working relationships;
- interpret, explain, and apply rules and procedures;
- maintain strict confidentiality.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
500 East Capitol
Pierre, SD 57501-5070
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Fax: 605.773.4344
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"