Report on Maintenance Supervisors
Anaheim - Maintenance Supervisors (2nd Shift, 3rd Shift) $75k-85k plus 2,000 shift differential
Summary: Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in maintaining and repairing equipment and systems by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all safety procedures and work as safe as possible at all times
- Directs workers engaged in maintaining and repairing equipment including, but not limited to such items as: motors, pumps, conveyors, fillers, case formers, case loaders, sealers, coders, palletizers and other packaging and processing equipment.
- Requisitions tools, equipment and supplies.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications and standards.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in resolving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individuals in the department.
- Enters timely and accurate information into preventive maintenance computer program.
- Recommends parts to be kept in stock or to be deleted from stock.
- Flexibility to work schedule including weekends depending upon staffing and equipment maintenance requirements.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere and interaction with customers, co-workers, and management
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Regular and punctual attendance
- To perform this job successfully, must be able to perform each fundamental task listed above satisfactorily
Directly supervises 10-15 employees in the Maintenance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
- Basic math skills using whole numbers and fractions. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- High degree of mechanical aptitude and ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Knowledge of Kronos Timekeeping system; Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word software.
- PLC programming and knowledge of ladder logic is a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); a minimum of two years of related food manufacturing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org