Report on Mental Health Aides Needed For County Facilities
Mental Health Aides Needed For County Facilities
Please call Maggie at (619)615-0439 to see if you qualify!
1. Observes and monitors behaviors and whereabouts of patients in order to maintain their safety.
2. Interacts with and provides directions to patients during instances where patients during instances where patients require assistance with daily living activates or when patients demonstrate high risk behaviors, such as becoming agitated, becoming assaultive, or causing a danger to self or others.
3. Reports patient behavior to clinical staff.
4. Prepared written documentation of patient behavior and treatments in accordance with hospital policy and procedures; and makes notes in medical records, report sheets, and legal.
5. Assists clinical staff during patient group activities.
6. Operates medical vital signs equipment and reports pain level to the licensed nurse.
7. Transports and accompanies and/or escorts patients to court hearings, appointments, or other facilities necessary.
8. Uses computers to perform required job functions.
9. Provides responsive, high quality service to County employees, representatives of outside agencies and members of the public by providing accurate, complete and up-to-date information, in a courteous and timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic principles and practices of metal health.
- Basic principles of individuals and group education as applied to mental health patients.
- Crisis intervention techniques as applied to intervening in difficult situations and potential emergency situations involving mental health patients.
- Basic methods and techniques of cardiopulmonary.
-Closely observe and monitor behavior of psychiatric patients during work, meals, recreation and leisure
Education and Experience
1. One year of experience working with children or patients who are mentally ill; OR
2. Completion of 15 college units from an accredited U.S. college or university, or a certified foreign studies equivalency in nursing, counseling, psychology, sociology, or closely related behavioral science field AND six( 6) months experience working with patients who are mentally ill.
About UNI Health Care Recruiters:
UNI Healthcare Recruiters provide facilities nationwide with quality, experienced caring nurses and allied healthcare professionals. UNI has been providing healthcare facilities with supplemental, per diem, contract and travel healthcare professionals since 1986. We provide our clients with staffing and management support services 24 hours per day 7 days a week.