Report on Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent - Ontario, CA 91761
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent - Ontario, CA 91761
SUMMARY: Computes, records, and verifies numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records by performing the following duties
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Keeps accurate accounts of cash, checks and credit transactions
- Handles confidential information, including guest records, with a high degree of integrity
- Makes daily deposits (as applicable)
- Verifies room charges and rates; verifies register has appropriate starting cash
- Manages daily paperwork including occupancy report, guest list, cash drawer summary, balance sheet, account summary, history file, and housekeeping report
- Submits reports to corporate office as appropriate
- Monitors room availability
- Blocks rooms and handles guest requests
- Performs and documents security walks on a regular basis
- Has a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures and implementation of procedures
- Prepares continental breakfast on time; replenishes breakfast items as needed
- Performs duties of a Guest Service Agent, including laundry functions as directed
- May be required to make management decisions in manager’s absence
- All other duties as assigned
COMPETENCY: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer need; Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Team Work – Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment free environment
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures including but not limited to, dress code policies
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with alternative plan
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner
- Safety & Security – Observes safety and security procedure; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Less than a high school diploma; or 1-3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
MATH ABILITY: Ability to add, subtract, multiple, and divide in all units of measure
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in writing, orally, or diagram dorm. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
COMPUTER SKILLS: None required
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES: None required
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work in high, precarious places; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently required to walk, climb or balance stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.