Report on Part Time Adoptions And Client Service Associate - Santa Cruz, CA 95065
Part Time Adoptions And Client Service Associate - Santa Cruz, CA 95065
Adoptions & Client Service Associate
Adoptions & Client Service Associate
Full-Time Hourly, Non-Exempt Position
Reports to Shelter Manager
Adoption and Client Service Associates are public-facing staff members who conduct all aspects of the adoption process and are responsible for ensuring that adopters, volunteers and members of the public have an excellent experience with the Santa Cruz SPCA. This position falls under the supervision of the Shelter Manager and will require weekend and some holiday work.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Create a warm and welcoming environment by enthusiastically greeting every visitor, identifying and providing for their needs and ensuring a positive visitor experience.
- Provide exceptional client service in-person, by phone, and by email, courteously triaging to appropriate departments and providing follow up as needed.
- Communicate processes and procedures to the public, volunteers, and adopters.
- Address a variety of questions and concerns, spanning many topics related and unrelated to our organization, while maintaining a positive and helpful demeanor.
- Provide engaging education pertaining to various SCSPCA programs as well as programs directed by outside agencies.
- Participate in engaging, compassionate, and judgement-free conversations to facilitate matching the client with an animal that fits the human family’s lifestyle.
- Educate potential adopters about pet care, behavior and health as well as SCSPCA adoption process and policies.
- Complete animal adoptions, start-to-finish, including matchmaking, data entry, adoption counseling, family and resident animal introductions in a way that ensures the adopter has a positive and educational experience.
- Actively engage in adoption communication, including pre- and post-adoption inquiries and follow-ups.
- Assist with creatively marketing animals for adoption through written biographies, compelling photography, and listing animals on third-party adoption websites.
- Assist with the coordination and execution of adoption events.
- Enter and maintain accurate animal records using the Petpoint Database.
- Assist with maintaining a clean and sanitary environment and workspace.
- Document and communicate pertinent behavioral and/or health observations.
- Engage with the animals to learn their personalities, tendencies and temperaments, in order to provide prospective adopters with more accurate animal information.
- Assist with moving animals through and into different housing spaces, as necessary.
- Practice and encourage the humane treatment of animals at all times.
- Maintain a positive working environment for volunteers by supervising and mentoring their day-to-day activities to ensure SCSPCA policies and procedures are followed.
- Assist volunteers with animal handling and lend them helpful guidance as needed.
- Participate in volunteer onboarding and training.
- Work courteously and cooperatively with all volunteers and respectfully recognize the talent and commitment they bring to the SCSPCA.
Financial & Fundraising
- Collect adoption fees by cash, check, credit card and process in accordance to current standard operating procedure.
- Perform end-of-day reconciliations of financial transactions.
- Solicit donations from customers, including adopters at the time of fee collection.
- Accept and process in-kind and/or monetary donations as needed.
- Maintain complete understanding of SCSPCA policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Ensure a safe work environment by following all safety guidelines and modeling safe work practices.
- Follow all established disease control procedures and protocols.
- Work collaboratively and synergistically with all team members.
- Consistently demonstrate respectful communication toward all team members.
- Practice effective conflict management with all team members.
- Learn basic duties of other departments within the organization in order to offer support to fellow staff as needed.
Perform other duties as required/requested to ensure a positive public image, the well-being of animals and the public, and to improve the functioning of the organization
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 2 years of proven customer service experience in a fast-paced environment with a variety of client needs, required.
- Knowledge of proper animal handling, animal care, and animal behavior preferred.
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel.
- Excellent customer service skills, particularly with a variety of client and public situations.
- Exceptional and professional verbal and written skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment while maintaining composure.
- Ability to self-start during down time and work well without direct supervision.
- Ability and willingness to educate, train, and mentor others with care and patience.
- Ability to demonstrate maturity, good judgement, and trustworthiness at all times.
- Ability to work courteously and cohesively with immediate and surrounding team members.
- Must have compassion and concern for both animals and people.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and work well with others.
- Must have a high degree of personal responsibility; accountable; dependable.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Work is performed in an animal shelter/animal hospital setting.
- Frequent bending, reaching, kneeling, and climbing stairs to facilitate client care.
- Frequent pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying animals weighing up to 50 pounds with reasonable accommodation.
- Potential for sitting at a computer workstation and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- Potential for exposure to zoonotic diseases and disinfectants.
- Potential for exposure to dangerous and fractious animals; potential for animal bites and scratches while handling animals.
- Potential exposure to high noise levels.
- Consistent exposure to animals and animal allergens under conditions with limited alternatives available.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter through Indeed. No phone calls please. Resumes received without a cover letter will not be considered.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
Hours per Week:
- 21-30 (Required)
- What is your idea of excellent customer care?
- One location
- Ops Manager
- Weekends required
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
55 minutes ago