Report on RN - Registered Nurse - ICU At SSM Health DePaul Hospital ? St. Louis
RN - Registered Nurse - ICU At SSM Health DePaul Hospital ? St. Louis
At SSM Health, we believe in the Power of Presence. As an SSM Health nurse, your Presence plays one of the most important roles in providing hope and healing to our patients. Each one of us brings a special gift to our Mission, what will yours be?
Employees tell us that the environment at SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis feels more like a family. Employees are warm and friendly, they enjoy each other’s company, they care for one another and they share a passion for delivering exceptional patient care!
Join our exceptional team!
The Staff Nurse (RN) provides direct patient care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of SSM Health.
- Creating an environment that leads to a positive patient care experience by evaluating, planning and implementing effective plans of care and communicating with both patients and their families.
- Serving as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well- coordinated patient care in an acute or clinic setting.
- Making sound decisions in response to changes in condition/response to treatment while maintaining a calm demeanor.
- Utilizing the Electronic Health Record to document patient care.
- Effectively coordinating with physicians and team members regarding changes in patient status, symptomatology, results of diagnostic tests and critical test values.
- Demonstrating an attitude that exemplifies SSM values of Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Stewardship and Community.
- Recent ICU experience
- Associate's degree from an accredited nursing program
- State of Missouri RN license
- BLS Certification
Customer Service abilities and effective listening skills
Exceptional critical thinking and the ability to work in a team in a fast paced environment.
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the following physical capabilities:
Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
Standing or walking more than 6 hours a day
Running to respond to patient emergencies
Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 6 hours a day
Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various div sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper operation.
SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis –
SSM Health DePaul Hospital is a 476-bed hospital offering comprehensive medical services, including inpatient and outpatient surgeries using state-of-the-art technology and facilities. Opened in 1828, DePaul Hospital - St. Louis was the first hospital west of the Mississippi River and remains the oldest continuously existing business in St. Louis. DePaul Hospital serves patients from across the St. Louis metropolitan area, including the communities of Bridgeton, Florissant, Hazelwood, St. Ann, St. John, Maryland Heights and Overland.