Report on Service Technician III - Dental
Service Technician III - Dental
Why join Patterson?
Patterson Companies is an industry-leading specialty distributor serving the dental, veterinary and rehabilitation supply markets. Driven to meet the needs of healthcare professionals in these growing markets, Patterson provides a total-package approach to doing business.
Our customers benefit from a diverse platform of products and services, as well as the convenience and peace of mind that come with relying on one trusted partner for everything they need.
Who are we looking for?
Patterson Dental is looking for experienced technicians the field of bio-medical (dental) device and equipment repair.
What can you expect as a Service Technician III?
As a Service Technician III, you provide senior-level installation and repair on a variety of dental equipment and products in the dental office environment. You will serve as a contact for assistance with the training and ongoing technical support for other technicians, sales staff and administrative staff.
- Determining parts, supplies or tools needed to complete service requests. Uses company-provided tools and test devices used to adjust, calibrate and repair equipment.
- Managing vehicle inventory and restocking from branch inventory as necessary.
- Ensuring both proper vehicle maintenance guidelines and safe driving habits are followed.
- Repairing equipment to meet manufacturer's specifications as well as all company, OSHA or other agencies' policies related to asepsis.
- Providing technical support for the repair of equipment after initial installation and ensuring that service commitments are met within standard response time.
- Assisting in the training and mentoring of new members of the Service Technician team.
- Being the liaison between the equipment department and service department on installations.
- Training dental office staff on proper operation of installed systems.
- Other duties as related to the position.
What background and experience is needed?
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent, as well as have a minimum of 4 years of prior experience as a dental service technician. A valid driver's license and clean driving record is required. An Associate's degree in a computer-related field or technical training in the bio-medical or electronics field is preferred.
General computer proficiency, including knowledge of Windows-based programs, familiarity with networking, and experience with peripherals such as printers, backups, scanners, modems, and Category 5 cabling is preferred. General mechanical aptitude with prior experience in the areas of computer repair, carpentry, plumbing, heating, electricity, and/or electronics is also beneficial. Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer or MCP certification is preferred
Competencies in the areas of customer service, organization, problem-solving, and interpersonal and communication skills are desired.
What physical capabilities are required?
You must be able to lift up to 100 pounds.