Report on Shipping Clerk/Driver - San Jose, CA 95112
Shipping Clerk/Driver - San Jose, CA 95112
San Jose, CA
Function & Responsibility
Responsible for all aspects of warehouse operations. These duties include receiving, shipping, storage and selection of customer orders. Assists production in supporting daily operational needs. Delivers product to customers or vendors.
- Receive, unload and store incoming materials. Verify information on packing slip with purchase order or return shipments from customers.
- Inspect receipts for damages or defects; record discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Ensure accurate and timely information is forwarded for input into software system.
- Make daily shipments – deliveries and pick-ups.
- Label shipments appropriately for UPS and for daily delivery
- Labels materials with identifying information including part number and quantity
- Verifies correct parts pulled according to packing slip.
- Assures parts are identifiable as they are placed into boxes.
- Accurately fills out packing slip
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, and convey orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Record information regarding the amounts of materials or items distributed.
- Stage product for shipment.
- Operates forklift, tier lift truck or uses hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
- Provide production usage reconciliation reports daily.
- Transfer finished product off production line into correct storage location.
- Ensure that warehouse facilities are kept clean.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices in the packaging storage area.
- Take initiative for identifying areas of improvement within the department and working with management in resolving problems that arise.
- Follow established departmental policies, procedures, objectives and safety standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Must be able to work effectively in a multi-tasking work environment.
- Must be able to successfully navigate and research through in house software application.
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision and have the ability to interact positively with others.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must have great attention to detail and have legible handwriting.
- Must be able to accurately enter data into company systems.
- Must be able to operate safely and effective material handling equipment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Three to five years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Must have a valid driver license and clean driving record
MDC Vacuum - 2 hours ago