Report on Signal Apprentice - Fresno, CA - Fresno, CA 93725
Signal Apprentice - Fresno, CA - Fresno, CA 93725
Apply early as this job may be removed or filled prior to the closing date, which is approximately seven (7) days after the posting date.
Job Location: Fresno
Other Potential Locations: Fresno, CA
Anticipated Start Date: 08/05/2019
Number of Positions: 6
Salary Range: Entry rate of pay is approximately $27.81 per hour,
All communication with applicants will be done via email. Please check your email on a daily basis.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Install, inspect, test, and maintain train control systems and grade crossing warning device equipment.
SAFETY: Comply with company and federal safety rules, policies and procedures to include wearing required safety equipment, responding to and acting on safety concerns.
MAINTENANCE: Load and unload supplies; dig holes and trenches for cable; paint signal equipment; climb poles and signal masts. Handle cable and wire to make electrical connections.
MACHINES AND TOOLS: Use non-power tools such as: shovels, picks, axes, sledgehammers; high precision measuring tools such as: micrometers, voltmeters, amp meters, recorders; hand tools such as: screwdrivers, wrenches, pliers, tape measures; power tools such as: drills, power saws.
The duties and responsibilities in this posting are representative categories to be used in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general categories do not necessarily constitute an exhaustive list of duties of the position.
- 18 years of age or older, or will be by the anticipated start date listed above
- BNSF is a drug-free company; employees are subject to random drug tests
- Willing to submit to a background review
- Possess a valid state-issued driver's license
- Available to work in geographic area indicated
- Able to read, write and communicate (speak, hear and understand) English
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Available full-time (40 hrs/wk) subject to overtime, on-call (24:7), alternating shifts, nights, weekends, holidays
- Available to travel to and remain on job sites in designated seniority region for extended periods of time
- Able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs frequently and up to 60 lbs occasionally
- Able to visually distinguish colors - red, blue, green, yellow; hear, and with training, distinguish auditory signals
- Able to use hands to perform activities involving holding, grasping, turning and pulling
- Able to perform work on uneven surfaces; frequently climb ladders; get on/off equipment; climb signal poles to perform installations
- Able to work in conditions with loud noise and fumes; work on/around heavy/moving machinery; bend, walk, stand, sit for extended time; use hand tools
- Follow safety policies and procedures; wear the required personal protective equipment
TRAINING: Successful candidate(s) will participate in a 2-year apprenticeship to include on-the-job and classroom training.
RELOCATION: Assistance not available.
WORK CONDITIONS: Extreme all-weather conditions; uneven surfaces; safety sensitive work environment.
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: 60 days.
SENIORITY DISTRICT TRANSFERS: Per union agreement, seniority-based, require Manager approval.
TRAVEL: Frequent and extensive over large geographic area.
SHIFTS/HOURS: Full-time subject to on-call, alternating shifts, nights, overtime, weekends, holidays.
UNION: Brotherhood of Railway Signalmen.
DUES: Per union agreement; membership and dues required.
BNSF Employees receive a competitive benefit package.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen.
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS:
- Criminal history
- Last 7 years of driving history
- Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
- Social Security number
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS:
- Medical evaluation
- Drug Screen
- Other elements as needed
DRUG TEST ELEMENTS:
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at http://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic.
SF: MO | [[mfield5]] | Operations - Engineering | Fresno, CA | 93725
Zip/Postal Code: [