Report on Support & Deployment Services UG Engineering Intern At Dell Careers
Support & Deployment Services UG Engineering Intern At Dell Careers
Support & Deployment Services
Summer 2018 internship positions for Engineers
Round Rock/Austin, TX
Dell EMC Support & Deployment Services (SDS) is looking for interns in the field of Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences to work on root cause identification of warranty related product failures on personal computing devices and the eco-system around them. As an intern at Dell, you will learn more about the architecture and definition of computing devices and solutions and will work closely with product technologists, serviceability engineers, product test engineers, product quality engineers, industrial designers, service technicians and software engineers.
- Work within Dell EMC SDS teams for root cause identification and resolution of service event drivers.
- Works on ambiguous and complex problems requiring evaluation of intangible variables
- Predictive Analytics
- Integrates trends, data and information into plans, deliverables and recommendations
- Opportunity/risk analysis
- Cost/benefit analysis
- Anticipates operational, program, and implementation issues and develops preventative measures
- Adapts projects, programs or methods based on customer or business partner feedback
- Works across the organization to effectively obtain and allocate resources to complete programs and projects on time
- Typically responsible for large, data intensive projects
- Enrolled in an accredited Bachelor of Science program in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Sciences. Coursework must include a substantial number of upper level engineering courses
- On track to graduate during fall 2018 or spring 2019
- Possess basic understanding of computer architectures like x86 and ARM.
- Possess basic understanding of Microprocessor, digital logic design and embedded systems design.
- Possess basic understanding of software operating systems including Microsoft based products.
- Possess system level understanding of computing technologies
- Able to carry out independent research using advanced analytical techniques.
- Able to write and analyze requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, test plans and documentation.
- Able to handle responsibilities with effective interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively interface with others inside and outside the Engineering function.
- Must have strong verbal along with written communication and presentation skills.
- Able to organize and manage multiple projects, set priorities and work independently under aggressive timelines.
Frequently interacts with Executives, Directors, Senior Managers, peers, project/program managers, operations, marketing, finance, and other internal & external customers
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Life at DellJob Family: Engineering Internship Job ID: R93911